How To Make Your Clothes Last Longer
Here are some tips on how to make your clothes last longer. Make sure that if you use our wash and fold or pickup and delivery laundry service that you let us know so we can take the proper steps.
- Pretreat stains. If you don’t want to live with that stain on your favorite shirt for the rest of your life, then pretreat that stain! Apply a stain remover to that stain as soon as you are able and make sure to note it in your laundry instructions.
- Don’t over do it with the detergent. If you use too much detergent when you wash your clothes it will leave a residue on your clothes. The launderers at The Wash Clinic are professionals and know how much to use.
- Wash your darks inside out. This helps prevent your colors from fading because it keeps your clothes from rubbing against each other. So, the interior of your clothes may get faded but no one sees that part! So, turn your dark clothes inside out when you give them to us.
- If your clothes aren’t caked in dirt, then a shorter cycle is for the best. Simply because you minimize the number of spins it will add to the longevity of your laundry.
- Use cold water as often as possible. Color water is less abrasive than hot water, which can cause shrinking and stretching. And cold water, unlike hot water, won’t fade your clothes. If you want a cold water wash, just let us know.
- Dry your clothes with low heat. Only towels and heavy clothes like jeans really need the regular cycle. Again, less heat means less shrinkage and damage to your clothing.
The Wash Clinic will work with you if you want us to launder your clothes with these tips in mind.